PRAISE THE LORD! Our first CD album with CMF "Little Lamp" is OUT!!! Visit http://music-obmbc.blogspot.com/ for more information!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Camp Retreat - Labor Day

Hello everyone,
I forgot to post mine, so here it is to make it up.. This labor day weekend, i went to the retreat camp with the Mien church at Dobbins. The theme of the camp is "Call for Duty" 1 Corinthians 7:17 Let each person lead the life that the LORD has assigned to (you) and to which God has called (you). I felt like I can be related to this passage directly because whatever God has planned for us, it will be good. At the camp, I was invited to share a testomonial at the camp. You all know that i am not a shy person, but in front of everyone there, i don't really know anyone, i was so nervous so I skipped so many things that I prepared to share, so I am just going to write it all down in here. That night, Pastor Patt has given us the message and one of the sentence that stood out the most is "Anything is possible through God". That message stood out the most to me because it related to the testimonial that I was going to share. One of the reason that I believe in GOD is HE has done so much for me. During my community college 2nd year when everyone is getting ready to transfer to another school. My friends and I prepared so much to transfer. Compare to my friends, I consider myself the least smart ( not the most dumpest). Whenever I have questions, my friends always has an answers, but when we look at other ways, i wasn't the one who was always with the answer. My friends are almost 3.8 and up but I wasn't. One of my friend was a very anti religion. Everytime I tried to tell him about GOD, he would say something very science and smart that I can never say back to him. Sometimes it made me feels that I am such a bad Christian that can't even say something to prove him wrong. We both tried to get into UCB. In my mind, I already knew that I wasn't going to get in becuase UCB requires you to be a genious or someone who knows it all. I wasn't, my friend was. Like someone else who turns to GOD when they are in their lowest point, I pray to God and ask him to help me to get in the school so that I can make my parents proud. When the result came out, my friend did not get in so I didn't hope anything anymore. I did not even want to look at  it. BUT i looked, i almost screamed when I saw it. I can't even believe it, i thought i was a mistake. "I GOT IN" The point of my story is not that I got in and my friend didn't. The point is "Anything is possible though GOD"
May God Bless You,
Cherry

4 comments:

LN said...

Thanks Cherry for sharing with us...great thing about God is there is nothing He can't be done for us. Good sharing!!!

Khawnbu said...

Cherry, thx for sharing and CONGRATS!!!
Keep shining to be the testimony of GOD,
KB

Phyu said...

hahaha i didn't even know this story until now.. i like it! our God is good!

Pastor Lone said...

Ahah! You are the smartest one! Of cause in God's eyes. Have a blessed years of study in your UCB. "Pray without ceasing." 1Thess.5:17